Monday, May 4, 2015

Hugs Three Ways

I had gotten the Papertrey Ink Big Hugs dies A WHILE ago...but just now getting around to playing with the favorite one of the 5 hug dies of the set, the one that led me to purchase the whole set!  I used it to make 3 different cards.   Here are my three...
It's such a LARGE die, it can most definitely be a stand alone.  The first one, I stamped a striped background stamp with versa mark at an angle on the card, then clear embossed after stamping the "& kisses" on the card in khaki.  The colors come from a google search for the color of hugs...
                                           
the brown and blue were colors that were recommended to go with the coral color (well, MY blue is a bit lighter than suggested, but I liked it:)!!).  LOVED that there was a paint color called "HUGS"!!

This second one was made AFTER making another card with the pink cardstock and orange embossing powder with a black card(which I will post tomorrow)...hey, had them out on my desk...couldn't resist all the bright, fun colors!!

For the third one,  I layered the "HUGS" with 2 layers underneath the top layer that didn't have the flower and leave die cuts removed.  After adhering together, I colored the top of the two layers of flowers and leaves and then adhered the third, top layer, cut from Bazzill paper (for texture).  The card's paper is Simon heavy weight cardstock whose tint of white went PERFECTLY with the bazzill textured paper's color.  I dotted the centers of the flowers with black enamel accents...love how it went with the sentiment!  Here's a close up...
Thanks for visiting me today!! Hugs!! Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Love all three cards Lisa. I was going to say the middle one most cause I love bright but then the last one with the coloured flower parts just beautiful. So all up perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa, your big hug caught my eye. Love all three, great ideas. Hope all is well with you and yours.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see your pretty cards because I bought the same set for the very same reason! Thanks for the great ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought these dies too - love what you did with the third one! Can't wait to try that! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! I, too, love that "HUGS" die set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've done it again! I'm amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool die and love how you used it. I love how you repeated it in the second card.

    ReplyDelete

I so appreciate your comments...thank you, so much, for taking the time to write:)!! Hugs!! Lisa